How to pack fertile eggs for posting.
It has been an interesting lesson, learning how to pack fertile eggs for posting - we've learned what works & what doesn't. What used to be a lengthy task, we can now get done in around 5 minutes.
We've learned a lot from receiving fertile eggs from other farms via Australia Post. Some people send them with minimal packing, just one layer of bubble wrap & we receive smashed eggs & or at least, torn air cells.
We like to ensure that our customers receive 100% intact and fertile eggs, just as we like to receive when purchasing from others. So after some trial and error, here is our packing method. It's not the cheapest method, but we have never received reports of our eggs being smashed in the post.
1. Get yourself a 12-egg carton and cut it in half.
2. Grab a roll of toilet paper.
3. Roll the egg up.
4. Add the first egg to the half carton.
5. Fill the rest of the carton
6. Close the half carton.
7. Lay the carton on some bubble wrap.
8. Roll the egg carton up in bubble wrap.
9. Tape the bubble wrap on to the half egg carton.
10. Grab an A5 Australia Post Box.
11. Add the bubble wrapped half cartons into the box.
12. Tape down the flaps at the back.
13. Shut the carton & tape it up.
14. Place the carton in more bubble wrap.
15. Roll it up
16. Tape the sides up.
17. Use Express Post only, and let Aussie Post know what's in the satchel.